Welcome to the Water Department
Water Department location:
150 Butler Avenue
P O Box 125
Midway, GA 31320
Hours: 8:00am to 4:30pm
Erica Clancy, Utility Clerk
Gwendolyn Lowe, Supervisor
It is the mission of the City of Midway Water Department to provide our customers with a safe drinking water supply, water for fire protection, and an adequate supply of water for our essential daily needs. We do so by following stringent State and Federal distribution guidelines, such as the Safe Drinking Water Act originally passed by Congress in 1974. This act was established to set national health-based standards for drinking water to protect against both naturally occurring and man-made contaminates that may be found in drinking water. The United States Environmental Protection Agency along with State Agencies and Water Systems work together to make sure these standards is met. Our water department shall:
- Pursue additional water sources, protect current sources, and manage existing supplies.
- React in a timely, professional manner to all inquires, problems, and requests from customers.
- Maintain our distribution system, storage reservoirs, fire hydrants, and water meters.
- Protect our water distribution system from intended or accidental contamination. We do this through the creation and implementation of a Backflow Program and Vulnerability Assessment. The Backflow Program is for protection from accidental contamination through the use of backflow devices at the service connections, which prevents contaminates from being pushed back into the potable water system. Our Security Vulnerability Assessment has shown us ways we can protect our reservoirs and water storage facilities from the threat of intended contamination.
- Is responsible for providing chemical analysis of water and sewerage samples in compliance with all Water Treatment, Wastewater Treatment Discharge permits issued by both Federal and State Agencies. The Team prepares and submits independent reports to Federal and State agencies. The Team is also responsible for ensuring the laboratory is operated in accordance with standards established by Federal and State Laws, Regulations and Permits.
- Performs preventative maintenance and repairs on the Water Treatment and Wastewater Treatment Plants, pumping stations, interceptors and storage facilities.
- We recognize the employees as the Department's most valued asset, therefore; we will train to improve our performance. Water department staff strives for excellence through our City of Midway Core Values by having a commitment to high standards, personal accountability, and teamwork to achieve our goals of providing value, vision, and purpose to the public. We are committed to providing a unified effort to reach our departmental goals.
Vision Statement The City of Midway Water Department is committed to assuring a quality of life for our valued customers by providing the highest levels of water and sanitary sewer services in a safe and efficient manner.
Please click on the below tip to view more Water Saving Tips.